Mike and I attended one of Mega Prime‘s events last year wherein they served various dishes made with Mega Prime ingredients and each one tasted absolutely delish! The meals they served weren’t even super fancy and most of them could easily be made at home, but they were all really good!
Last Mother’s Day, Mega Prime sent over a bag of some of their products for me to try and make a meal out of. As I looked at the items they sent which included everything from canned food like chickpeas, corn, peas, and fruit cocktail, to condiments and noodles, I got excited thinking about all the delicious dishes I could whip up!
At that time, we had some previously thawed shrimps that I wanted to use up already, so I thought of making Yang Chow fried rice with Mega Prime’s canned corn, canned peas, and oyster sauce. But being a woman — and hence, being fickle — I changed my mind because I suddenly craved for noodles, so shrimp noodles it is! To make it meatier WITHOUT the meat, I complemented the shrimps with Mega Prime’s Stems and Pieces Mushrooms. For the sauce, I used Mega Prime’s Oyster Sauce.
For the noodles:
– Pasta noodles
– Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms
– 5-7 cloves of garlic (minced)
For the sauce:
– Mega Prime Oyster Sauce (1-2 tablespoons)
– Soy sauce (1-2 tablespoons)
– Sesame oil (1 tablespoon)
– Brown sugar (1 tablespoon)
For the seasoning:
– Spring onions
– Fish sauce (1 tablespoon)
– Parmesan cheese
– Salt (optional)
1. Cook pasta noodles in water with a pinch of salt and a few drops of olive oil. Once the pasta noodles are al dente, drain well and set aside.
2. While pasta noodles are cooking, prepare the sauce by mixing the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar in one bowl.
3. On a separate pan, fry shrimps in olive oil until they turn pink. Once cooked, transfer shrimps to a clean plate.
4. Mince garlic and saute in butter in low heat
5. Add mushrooms in the pan and saute together with the garlic and butter
6. Transfer the cooked shrimps in the garlic, mushroom, and butter mixture.
7. Add the cooked pasta noodles, green onions, mixed sauce, fish sauce, and ground pepper to the pan and mix well together.
8. Add salt OR a little more vinegar, if it still needs a little saltiness. Don’t put in too much though because the oyster sauce and soy sauce are already salty!
9. Serve on a plate and sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top
If you love garlic as much as I do, I encourage you to go crazy on the garlic with this dish! After all, aside from the sauce, it’s really the garlic that adds that distinct bite and aroma.
I used angel hair pasta for this particular dish because I wanted it to be close to pancit, but I didn’t use pancit noodles (or rice noodles) because I wasn’t really trying to make pancit. I was still trying to make pasta, but a more Chinese-inspired pasta. Does that make sense?
I only used two main ingredients for this — shrimp and mushrooms — because I wanted to keep it simple and highlight the noodles. At first, I thought just those two might not be enough, but it turned out pretty well. If you do want to add more though, you absolutely can! To make it healthier, you can add a few veggies. But don’t add too many ingredients because then it might just look like pancit!
Eating this dish will make you feel like you’re dining at a Chinese restaurant because of the strong Asian flavors. It’s so easy to make with things you probably already have at home, and it’s definitely cheaper to make it than just buying takeout! This is a very simple dish, but if made with quality ingredients such as those by Mega Prime, this could be a hit!
For more information on Mega Prime, visit their website at https://megaglobal.com.ph/. Go to the RECIPES section to explore more dishes that you can make with Mega Prime products. You may also follow them on Instagram (@megaprimequality).